It is the National Wedding Show, NEC tomorrow!! We have been today and set our stand up ready for the event, and there is a great buzz in the air. We cannot wait now, and we are looking forward to meeting as many soon to be married couples as possible. We feel it’s important that you get the most out of your visit, so we have put together great ideas and top tips to help you along the way. Everyday we have shared a little piece of our wisdom with you, but with the show only one day away, we thought we would recap all of these great ideas for you.
* Book your tickets now and save 20% off the entrance fee, simply quote NEC on the booking page. How fabulous is that!
* Before your visit have a look at the national wedding show’s website. You will find a list of all the exhibitors which will make it a little easier to plan the priority stands you wish to visit. Then you can read a little bit about them before you get to meet them.
* With so much to see and do give yourself plenty of time. The event opens at 10am so arrive with plenty of time to reduce the time queuing and maximize your shopping time.
* With over 250 stalls to visit, dresses to try on, fashion shows to watch, food to sample it’s going to be a busy day, especially for your feet. Make sure you have comfortable shoes on so you can continue to shop till you drop from start to finish.
* Before your visit to The National Wedding Show, have a look on their website, there is a features section listing all the different events that are on during the day, from the glamour’s catwalk show to afternoon tea in the vintage area.
* With a long day ahead of you, do not take a large heavy bag that will become uncomfortable to carry around with you, instead take a long a tote bag that can extend. This way it will be light and will give you a place to put all the leaflets and samples you will be taking away with you.
* With so many wedding outfits and dresses to be choosing from you might just want to try one or two (or ten) on, so make sure you are wearing comfortable clothes that are easy to get on and off.
* With so much to see and do, you want to cram everything in that you can. Make sure you check out the show times before your visit so you can plan what time to visit the catwalk show.
* Take with you a small notepad and pen so you can make note of the designer that caught your eye in the catwalk show, or even to make note of that helpful person you spoke to so that you can follow up on it when you get home… then you don’t have to worry about trying to remember everything.
* With many live demonstrations on offer, check out their timings and arrive with plenty of time to ensure that you get a seat.
* With many vendors offering show time only prices and discounts make sure you take advantage of these, so remember to take your plastic friend, the credit card along and cheque book.
* Take time out, not only for lunch, but grab 10 minutes in the afternoon, maybe enjoy an afternoon cream tea in the vintage area. It’s a time to reflect on what you have seen and discuss if there was anyone you wished to revisit.
* Go with an open mind, it’s your day, but there might be something there that you just had not thought about, which could be just perfect to everything else you had been planning.
* Remember to go with an idea on what your budget is for each element of your day. With so many offers and discounts on the day it could be a great way to make cost savings on many parts of your budget.
* With many different suppliers at the event it gives you a great opportunity to speak to them and make relationships, for each aspect of your wedding, it’s always recommended to get quotes from three companies to allow you to compare on service and cost.
* Take your camera phone and do not be afraid to take pictures, most vendors will be happy for you to take a photo of the products, it is a compliment after all. You could always use these photos to upload on to your own Pinterest board, a great place for inspiration.
* Take with you the important people who are involved in your day, bride, groom, bridesmaids, Mum and Dad. Especially if you are involving them in the decisions of your big day. And if you are taking a few people with you, remember our first tip offering a 20% discount, that’s got to be a saving worth making the most of!
* One of the most important tip is to have fun and enjoy the day!!!
See you there. The Sami Tipi Team.
PS. If you have any questions before The Wedding Show, we are always happy to hear from you, so please get in touch here.