Candle Making Workshop by Darby & Joan
Take part in this workshop at The Spring Showcase on Saturday 25th April 2015 at 11:30am. Over to Karen from Darby & Joan to tell you a little more;
- Learn how to make your own natural wax candles in this 20 minute workshop.
- Darby & Joan started their journey by making these candles and I will be hosting this workshop to share my tips and to take you through the process, from a packet of wax flakes to the finished candle.
- I was asked to contribute to Pearl Lowe’s book “Vintage Craft” and here my step-by-step candle tutorial is featured.
- They are ridiculously easy to make once you know how!
- Perfect for a table favour, bridesmaid gift.
- You will leave the session with your own small candle and the knowledge of how to do it all at home.
- Full course notes are provided.
You will learn about:
- Health & Safety
- Equipment required
- Suppliers information
- Types of eco & vegetable waxes available for the candle maker
- Choosing the right wick and wick sizing
- Colouring your candle
- Trouble shooting
Cost is £7 per person Places are limited – Book your place HERE
The spring showcase promises to be an open weekend like no other. Meet amazing and talented wedding suppliers giving you inspiration for your wedding day. From stationery, cakes, styling to photography and videography and of course our gorgeous giant hat tipis all at The Spring Showcase. #Samitipishowcase
In addition to the showcase, on Saturday 25th April take part in bespoke workshops and on Sunday 26th April we have the “Food Emporium” brought to you by Thomas The Caterer where you can feast on some culinary delights.
You can book your FREE tickets to attend the open weekend here; FREE TICEKTS